The tests you need for your cruise holiday depend on your cruise line, destination(s) and sailing date. Please see our COVID-19 travel information page for all the relevant details for different tests that could be needed.
Possible testing required:
- Before you board your flight (fly cruises only) (PCR or lateral flow depending on the country requirements
- Before you board your cruise ship (PCR or lateral flow depending on the cruise line requirements
- Before you return home from your holiday. To be taken within 72hrs of returning to the UK (lateral flow/antigen or PCR depending on the country you are returning from). From the 4th of October 2021 this test will no longer be required when returning from a non-red status country and double vaccinated.
- Day 2 test after you return home to the UK (PCR - booked beforehand)
On this page linked above you will also find useful details on:
- When is the test required - timescale
- How do you get/arrange different tests
- Do you need to pay or is it complimentary as part of your booking
- How do you test on return
- Other documentation to check
- Going ashore
If you need to buy bundles of tests for international travel, please see our affiliated providers, Chronomics.