Iglu Cruise is not in trouble financially and we have been working very carefully to manage our way through the challenges presented by Covid-19. In addition, all the holidays we sell are ABTA and ATOL protected so your money is always secure with us.
Articles in this section
- What is FCC and how does it work?
- What is OBC and how does it work?
- If my cruise is cancelled, what are my options when picking an alternative cruise at a later date?
- My travel date is outside of the revised T&Cs from the cruise lines. What are my options?
- I'm over 70 or have an underlying health condition, and the government has advised against travel. If I can’t travel, will I get a full refund?
- I'm not travelling in the next few weeks, but I would like to speak to someone about my booking as I am scared about travelling or being out of pocket. What should I do?
- If I cancel my cruise, will the usual £25 cancellation charge be added?
- If I choose to be refunded, but then change my mind and decide I want a Future Cruise Credit instead, can I do this?
- Has anyone had a refund from Iglu Cruises?
- Are Iglu Cruises in trouble?