No, the name on your Covid-19 passport should match the name on your passport when travelling. You should check that your first name and your surname on your passport match how they are displayed by your NHS COVID Pass at least 3 weeks before you travel. If the names are different, contact your GP practice to have your details updated. Please note, name changes could result in temporary issues with matching your GP record to your hospital and prescription records. Government advice can be found here.
Articles in this section
- What happens if I test positive?
- What are my pre-boarding requirements in terms of vaccinations and testing?
- What do I need to do before my travel? Pre-cruise checklist
- What are the entry requirements to the countries I will visit on my cruise?
- How can I prove my vaccination status? What is required by the cruise lines?
- What testing suppliers do you recommend?
- What is the difference between a PCR and an Antigen test?
- What vaccines are accepted for my cruise?
- Are mixed vaccines accepted on my cruise?
- Do I need to self isolate before my cruise?